Saturday 20 February 2010

Another City Blog

As a lifelong City fan, I have started this blog at a time when I think the furore surrounding our team is at its most bizarre. So, as much for my therapy as for reporting City news and hearing your opinions, I will be looking to update this blog regularly on all things Manchester City, whether it be day-to-day events at City or other points of interest.

I have named the blog The Theatre of Base Comedy after Stuart Hall's name for Maine Road, in which he lauded the City fan's sense of humour and how he thought it essential for surviving life following City. I think now, as much as ever, it is important for a large number of fans to remember this and how far the club has come in such a short period of time. There are a lot of reasonable voices on the City blogs and I hope I can add to them and help counter the tide of increasingly hysterical opinions that can be spotted on various forums across the web.

Here's to the bright and positive future of the blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment